- Use all opportunities for cultural changes in risk awareness and policies.
- Empower communities and stakeholders. Recognize and partner with existing civil-society initiatives addressing critical issues.
- Clearly disseminate that responders cannot protect everybody in case of major incident.
- Involve communities and stakeholders in pre-planning scenarios, in safety preparing and verification, and in drills and exercises.
- Change of paradigm. From ’We, authorities, will protect you’ To ‘You, citizen, should be actively involved’
- Communication campaigns targeted to specific communities, with messages, exchanges and media carefully studied. Generate multi-language apps, with standardize symbology
- Plan and prepare the involvement of volunteers and other civil society in the emergency
- Educate kids and young ones.
#understandsocioeconomicchallenges #awarenessofhistory #EuropeanPolicyFramework #TrainJournalists #trainlocalstakeholders #educatekids #voluntaryinvolvement